An Online Tour Guide:
- to play and pause as you wish
- providing a day or two of entertainment for less than $5
- including insider tips, maps and directions
- fascinating information throughout your route
- and tons of photos because 'a picture is worth 1000 words'
New York City Guided Sightseeing Tour of Downtown
Our New York City guided sightseeing tour of downtown Manhattan takes you through the heart and soul of New York City – home to Wall Street, Ground Zero, City Hall and countless other world-famous sites. Located on the Southern tip of Manhattan Island, Downtown Manhattan – also known as the Financial District – is a compact area of wall-to-wall landmarks that stimulate the senses and allow the traveler to be a part of living, breathing history. Tourists are drawn to this area because it is the home of Wall Street, the iconic Charging Bull, the former World Trade Center site of ‘Ground Zero’, areas such as Battery Park and the South Street Seaport that offer breathtaking views of the Statue of Liberty, St. Paul’s historic chapel, the 1883 Brooklyn Bridge which is still in use today for auto traffic, and the Downtown Manhattan skyline.
This tour will cover the New York of old and new, from the exact point where the last British troops retreated during the Revolutionary War, to the areas affected by the events of September 11th, the 2008 financial crisis and Hurricane Sandy. This world-renown locale is constantly changing, evolving and making international headlines. After you complete this tour, this area and its history will become a part of your own story.
People tell us all the time that our tours make travel easier and much more interesting. So download this tour to your mobile device and walk along with us through the incomparable Downtown Manhattan, New York City.
Explore these and more with your expert personal guide, available 24/7 on your schedule!
- Introduction – Welcome to Downtown Manhattan
- Battery Park: The Beginning of New York
- Wall Street: New York’s Financial Empire
- Ground Zero: Tragedy and Rebirth
- St. Paul’s Chapel and City Hall: Prayer, Power and Pageantry
- Fulton Street and the South Street Seaport: The Heartbeat of New York
|Transportation||By Foot – Easy walking|
|Tour Type||Guided Tour – play before & while you tour|