An Online Tour Guide:
- to play and pause as you wish
- providing a day or two of entertainment for less than $5
- including insider tips, maps and directions
- fascinating information throughout your route
- and tons of photos because 'a picture is worth 1000 words'
Virginias Railroad-converted Bike Trails; Two of Virginia’s best converted-railroad bike trails cross the history-steeped backlands in the southwest corner of the state. The Virginia Creeper Trail covers 34 mostly downhill miles from Whitetop through Damascus to Abingdon. The New River Trail is 57 miles long, from Galax or Fries to Pulaski. Both have shuttle services, are composed of asphalt or dirt, include scores of bridges or trestles, and open up otherwise inaccessible areas steeped in early musical history. The paths parallel rivers, and there are enough food stops, restaurants, and pastoral sites to make the combined 91 miles both fun and beautiful.
Virginias Railroad-converted Bike Trails Highlights
Explore these and more with your expert personal guide, available 24/7 on your schedule!
- The Creeper: Whitetop to Damascus
- The Creeper: Damascus to Abingdon
- New River Trail: Galax to the Shot Tower
- New River Trail: Shot Tower to Dora Jct
|Specialty||Highway/Countryside, Off the Beaten Path|
|Tour Type||Guided Tour – play before & while you tour|
View Cycling Two Of Virginias Best Railroad-converted Bike Trails Tour in a larger map