An Online Tour Guide:
- to play and pause as you wish
- providing a day or two of entertainment for less than $5
- including insider tips, maps and directions
- fascinating information throughout your route
- and tons of photos because 'a picture is worth 1000 words'
Richly endowed by both nature and history, this Portugal Tour is a sun-baked land of castles, dramatic coastlines, jagged mountains, lively festivals, and proud Roman Catholic traditions. From prehistoric cave dwellers, numerous empires and invaders, to several centuries of Roman and Moorish influence, Portugal had been on the forefront of Western civilization’s development for many centuries. To understand Portugal’s future is to travel into the country’s glorious past. Portuguese citizens fostered the Age of Discovery, inspired one of Europe’s most visited pilgrimage locations, and created an emblematic staircase known throughout the country – all within a nation about the size of Indiana. Follow this podcast on an exciting journey to the four most famous sacred destinations in Portugal. Explore these and more with your expert personal guide, available 24/7 on your schedule!
Portugal Tour Highlights
- Évora: Spanning Many Eras
- Belém: Age of Discovery Headquarters
- Fátima: A Vibrant Pilgrimage Destination
- Bom Jesus: A Stairway to Heaven
|Transportation||Walking & Driving|
|Specialty||Sacred Sites, Historical/Heritage|
|Tour Type||Travel Log – play before you go|
View Sacred Places Of Portugal Tour in a larger map