An Online Tour Guide:
- to play and pause as you wish
- providing a day or two of entertainment for less than $5
- including insider tips, maps and directions
- fascinating information throughout your route
- and tons of photos because 'a picture is worth 1000 words'
This Piazza San Pietro Walking Tour, or St. Peter’s Square, sits at the entrance to Vatican City in Rome. Just west of the Tiber River and within a short distance of the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill, the Piazza marks a point of intersection for classical and modern Roman and European histories. Many noteworthy historical figures have left their architectural and artistic fingerprints on the Piazza’s development, making this site an ideal introduction to the art and sculpture exhibited in St. Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican Museums. A gentle walk through the Piazza reveals statues, inscriptions, colonnades, and other visually exciting features. Explore these and more with your expert personal guide, available 24/7 on your schedule!
Piazza San Pietro Walking Tour Highlights
- Entering the Piazza
- The Obelisk
- The Fountains
- Facade: St Peter’s Basilica
- Entrance: St Peter’s Basilica
|Transportation||By Foot – Easy walking|
|Tour Type||Guided Tour – play before & while you tour|
View Piazza San Pietro: Rome, Italy Tour in a larger map