An Online Tour Guide:
- to play and pause as you wish
- providing a day or two of entertainment for less than $5
- including insider tips, maps and directions
- fascinating information throughout your route
- and tons of photos because 'a picture is worth 1000 words'
Tour Cuandixia; Cuandixia was built more than 500 years ago as a resting place for weary travelers going through the mountains from Beijing to the west. It became prosperous by providing food to the Forbidden City, but the wealth diminished over the years. Once in danger of becoming a ghost town, the city is seeing new life as a tourist attraction. The remaining residents are opening their homes to give modern-day travelers a glimpse into the past. With old stone and brick buildings, Cuandixia is said to be the best-preserved ancient village in China. Explore these and more with your expert personal guide, available 24/7 on your schedule!
Tour Cuandixia Highlights
- The Village That Time Forgot
- Walking Back in Time
- Touring the Village
- Getting There
|Transportation||Walking & Driving|
|Specialty||Off the Beaten Path, City/Town|
|Tour Type||Travel Log – play before you go|
View Cuandixia: China’s Village That Time Forgot Tour in a larger map