An Online Tour Guide:
- to play and pause as you wish
- providing a day or two of entertainment for less than $5
- including insider tips, maps and directions
- fascinating information throughout your route
- and tons of photos because 'a picture is worth 1000 words'
Santa Barbara Downtown Landmarks and Legends
Join us on a walking tour of many downtown landmarks as we share some legends that range from love stories to murders. It’s said that visions of past residents have been seen along this route.
- Post Office – On the balcony and in the street.
- El Chartel – A former resident from the 1800’s and another from the early 1900’s.
- Chinatown – A sensual Chinese woman, and the owners wife.
- Presidio Chapel – A sorrowful monk, a couple in love from afar
- Japantown – a couple in forbidden love
- Lobero Theater – A lynching, a theatrical ghost
- Chinese Community Center – A drive-by shooting, a ghostly flickering light
- El Paseo – A trombone-playing ghost, a ghost remembers wine-tasting, Judy Garland’s youth, conversing ghosts.
- Orena Adobe – Ghostly children, an angry ghost communicates.
- City Hall – A gruesome murder.
- Historical Museum – Displeased ghosts
Explore these and more with your expert personal guide, available 24/7 on your schedule! To book live escorted tours contact Professor Julie Ann Brown at 805-905-9019.
People tell us all the time that our tours make travel easier and much more interesting. So download this Santa Barbara Ghost guided sightseeing tour to your mobile device and walk with us through the stories that have made this town one of the most interesting ghost experiences in California!