An Online Tour Guide:
- to play and pause as you wish
- providing a day or two of entertainment for less than $5
- including insider tips, maps and directions
- fascinating information throughout your route
- and tons of photos because 'a picture is worth 1000 words'
Nestled on the banks of the Cape Fear River, this Wilmington Walking Tour explores a city with a rich past, an exciting future, and a downtown full of charm and character. Tourists are drawn to the area because of its history, its brick streets and antebellum mansions, its varied museums, and its ‘low-country’ restaurants. But there’s another reason people flock here this is the third-busiest film production site in the U.S., after New York and Hollywood. ‘Wilmywood,’ as some call it, has been the setting for numerous movies, including Blue Velvet, Empire Records, Cape Fear, Black Knight, 28 Days, and The Crow, and TV shows such as Matlock, Dawson’s Creek and One Tree Hill. Explore these and more with your expert personal guide, available 24/7 on your schedule!
Wilmington Walking Tour Highlights
- Welcome to Wilmington!
- Heart of Downtown
- The Architecture of Wilmington
|Transportation||By Foot – Easy walking|
|Tour Type||Guided Tour – play before & while you tour|
View Historic Downtown Wilmington Tour in a larger map